Monday, March 12, 2007

First and Last Visit To KW

From craigslist.. this kind of sums it up I think...

First Time Visitor's take on KW

Date: 2007-03-06, 5:46PM EST


I visited Key West for the first time over the past weekend. I'm sorry to say it will be my only visit. The island is just too small for soooooo many people. There were so many beautiful old homes and buildings but then there were also so many dilapidated houses and trashy yards - all mixed together. All the tropical flowers and lush flowering trees in old town were enchanting but then a stench of urine or rotten fish seemed to intrude every block or so. There are stray cats everywhere and just about every other property has a for sale sign in front of it. Is everybody bailing out? I have never seen so many morbidly obese, hairy, gray, staggering old drunks in my life. And what is it with all these bloated pigs on Harleys? The noise from all those superloud motorcycles is totally out of control! The taxi cabs all stunk and were filthy. The Airport is a mess - maybe they could spend a little money on some chairs? Why in the world couldn't they have at least one porta potty on the tarmac past security for departing passengers? My flight to Miami got delayed and of course they don't allow you to take water through security so I drank it all - then the line back into security was unbelievable. Am I supposed to either pass out from dehydration, piss my pants or miss my flight?
WTF? The clothing store that I shopped at on Duval -called Graffitti - wouldn't even allow me to return a shirt the following day after I bought it - "All Sales Final" it says in microprint on your receipt - After you pay for the item! Key West may be for you if you want to get someplace by car and walk the streets drunk with your "Go Cup" but it's definitely not for me. Some of the antique stores were nice and the weather was plenty warm and some of the architecture was beautiful but for the money....I'd pass. The best part: Seven Fish - a restaurant at Olivia and Elizabeth..the worst part: way, way too many people...ugly, fat, loud...okay Typical American people.



To be fair, here is a locals rebuff, kinda.

Date: 2007-03-06, 7:06PM EST
As a resident I can agree with you on many points. But how can you not have a good time based on "ugly fat" people? That's pretty shallow and not the way that people with substance think. Post a picture of yourself so we can judge for ourselves what we think about you.

No comments: